Enjoy three nights in Southwest Colorado - two nights lodging in "Old West" Durango with a one-night stay over in the historic mining town of Silverton - combined with round trip tickets on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
Plan and book your trip with a local travel expert today. Call 866.675.6900. You can also fill out an online quote request form and we will customize a quote for you within the next 48 hours.
On your first and third nights of your visit, you'll stay at your choice of lodging in Durango, ranging from budget motels and hotels to deluxe cabins, condos and vacation homes.
On Day 2 in the morning, you'll ride the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, which winds through the spectacular and breathtaking canyons in the remote wilderness of the two million acre San Juan National Forest. You will relive history with the sights and sounds of yesteryear on this 1882 adventure from Durango to Silverton, Colorado. The coal-fired, steam-operated locomotives are maintained in their original 1923-1925 vintage condition. In Durango, take time to enjoy the Railroad Museum, located in the rail yard roundhouse featuring full-size locomotives, maps, photos, artwork, memorabilia, and authentic collectibles.
In Silverton you will check into your choice of the Grand Imperial Hotel, the Teller House Hotel, or the Silverton Inn of the Rockies. Silverton is a historic mining town offers breathtaking mountain scenery, many restaurants, and quaint shops to browse.
- The Grand Imperial is completing total remodel of the hotel, which will provide a balance of "new" features and Victorian charm. Grumpy's Saloon and Restaurant is a great place to enjoy food and spirits.
- The Teller House offers comfortable Victorian lodging in downtown Silverton. A full service restaurant is located downstairs from the hotel.
- The Silverton Inn of the Rockies is a 10-room bed and breakfast inn offering historic charm, a delicious breakfast, and gracious hospitality.
On Day 3, you will return to Durango early evening in time to check into your hotel and enjoy a fabulous dinner in town.
- (3) Nights Lodging
- First and third nights, stay in your choice of several properties either in the town of Durango or in the scenic high country.
- (1) Night stay over at the Grand Imperial Hotel, the Teller House Hotel, or the Silverton Inn of the Rockies, on the second night.
- (2) Round-trip tickets on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
- Entrance into the Durango railroad museum.
- Add extra nights to your trip.
- Add other activities to your trip: river trip, jeep tour, horseback ride, the Durango melodrama, and much more!
- Train Upgrades (limited availability): The Presidential Class Cinco Animas Car, First Class Parlor Car and Silver Vista Cars, Deluxe Class cars, and Bus/Train Upgrades.
- Please note: Package available during summer train schedule ONLY.
Package available during summer train schedule ONLY.
Note: Train tickets for children under 5 are free if seated on an adult's lap. If a seat is required, you must purchase a child's ticket.
Package may not be available over the 4th of July week and Labor Day Weekend due to minimum stay requirements and limited availability.