This two-night getaway for two offers value and convenience by combining your lodging in the "Old West" town of Durango with round trip tickets on the historic Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
You'll stay at your choice of lodging in Durango, Colorado. The next morning you'll ride the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, which winds through the spectacular and breathtaking canyons in the remote wilderness of the two-million acre San Juan National Forest. You will relive history with the sights and sounds of yesteryear on this 1882 adventure from Durango to Cascade Canyon. The coal-fired, steam-operated locomotives are maintained in their original 1923-1925 vintage condition. In Durango, take time to enjoy the Railroad Museum, located in the rail yard roundhouse, featuring full-size locomotives, maps, photos, artwork, memorabilia, and authentic collectibles.
The train departs at 9:45am and stops for a 55-minute break by the rushing Animas River at the Cascade Canyon Wye about 12 noon. Bring your own lunch and non-alcoholic beverages or you may purchase light lunch items and drinks on the concession car on board the train. Following the break, the train returns to Durango and is scheduled to arrive at 2:45pm. Click here to see the full winter train schedule.
Note: Children under 4 may ride the train free if seated on an adult's lap. If a seat is required for the child, a ticket must be purchased.
- Lodging of your choice in Durango.
- Round-trip tickets on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad's Cascade Canyon Winter Train.
- Please note: the Winter Train Ride is only available on certain days in the winter and package availability follows that schedule. Please see the schedule below.
- Add extra nights to your trip.
- Add other fun activities to your trip: snowmobile tours, horse-drawn sleigh rides, Purgatory Resort lift tickets and rentals, guided full-day Mesa Verde tour, hot air balloon rides, or spa treatments.
- Upgrade to Deluxe Class and First Class train cars.
Check out this video of the Winter Train experience: