Relive history with the sights and sounds of yesteryear on board the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. View the majestic San Juan National Forest while riding the historic train from Durango to Silverton. Combine your train ride with lodging accommodations in the "Old West" town of Durango and save with this popular package.
- One or more nights lodging in Durango at your choice of select lodging properties (budget-friendly motels, modern or Victorian hotels, condos, B&Bs and more).
- Discounted Tickets to ride the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
- Entrance into the Durango Railroad Museum
Day One – Arrive Durango for check in at your hotel. Explore the historic town’s galleries, shops, restaurants and local entertainment.
Day Two – After breakfast, get ready to board the train at the Durango Train Depot for your scheduled departure time (Please be in your seats 30 minutes prior to departure). Your steam train ride winds through the spectacular and breathtaking canyons in the remote wilderness of the two-million-acre San Juan National Forest. You will relive history with the sights and sounds of yesteryear on this 1882 adventure from Durango to Silverton, Colorado.
Depending on your chosen train excursion, you will have approximately a two-hour layover in Silverton for lunch on your own, shopping, and taking the beautiful scenery.
You will board the train again in the afternoon for your return trip back to Durango, arriving in town early evening, to enjoy another night in Durango.
Day Three – After breakfast and a relaxing morning, check out of your hotel. If you haven’t yet done so, visit the Durango Railroad Museum in the rail yard roundhouse, which is included with your train ticket.
Or, make the most out of your Durango getaway. Ask about other fun activities to do before you head home.
- Stay additional nights
- Upgrade to Skyway Bus Tour for one leg of your D&SNG Railroad journey.
- Upgrade your train class of service to deluxe, first-class, or Presidential (based on availability).
- Mesa Verde National Park – half-day and full-day guided tours
- Healthy Hounds & Fat Cats – doggy day care
- Bar D Chuckwagon – Old West supper & live music show (speak with one of our agents – cannot be booked online)
- History walking tour of Durango
- Durango Hot Springs
- Other outdoor activities: Horseback rides, 4×4 Tours and Rentals, Zipline Tour, Rafting
What to Wear / Bring?
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes, and preferably long pants
- Sunglasses (to protect from possible cinders)
- Hat and sunscreen (high elevation means you’re closer to the sun!)
- Layers of clothing/outwear (mountain weather is unpredictable)
- Water bottle (stay hydrated in higher elevations)
Items to Note: Train tickets for children under 4 are free if seated on an adult’s lap. If a seat is required, you must purchase a child’s ticket.