Explore one of the seven natural wonders of the world! This Grand Canyon getaway is a “bucket list” adventure! Combine your lodging at the Grand Canyon Hotel with a journey on the Grand Canyon Railway to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.
The newly refurbished Grand Canyon Railway Hotel located next to the Train Depot offers modern amenities, including an indoor pool, restaurant, and a pub.
The train journey to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon is about 130 miles roundtrip – a little over two hours each way – and begins from Williams, Arizona. Travel on a diesel locomotive along a rail line that dates back to 1901. On board the train, you’ll experience characters like train robbers and musicians, who bring the Old West back to life! From the view out your window, the terrain changes from high desert, to expansive prairies, to tall pines. It’s a view that’s ever-changing. But…wait until you come across the dramatic views at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon!
THIS PACKAGE CANNOT BE BOOKED ONLINE. PLEASE CALL FOR MORE INFO AND ASSISTANCE.
- One night stay at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel in a standard double queen room
- Dinner at Fred Harvey Restaurant
- Breakfast at Fred Harvey Restaurant the morning of your train ride
- Wild West Shootout show before boarding the train
- Roundtrip coach seating on the train from Williams, AZ to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon
- Entrance fee into the Grand Canyon National Park
- Arrive at the Grand Canyon Railway & Hotel in the historic town of Williams, Arizona. At 6,700 feet above sea level this quaint, family-friendly Wild West town is located off Route 66.
- Buffet dinner is included at the Fred Harvey Restaurant.
- Stay overnight at the Grand Canyon Hotel, next to the Railway Train Depot. This 300-room property has been newly refurbished and offers an indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center, game room, pub and the Fred Harvey Restaurant (buffet style), which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Buffet breakfast in included at the Fred Harvey Restaurant.
- After breakfast, you’ll be entertained by a fun, Wild West Shootout with train robbers and the sheriff, outside next to the train station.
- After the show, it’s time to board the Grand Canyon Railway! During your ascension on the train, you’ll be entertained by musicians playing Wild West songs and insider info from your Passenger Service Attendant. (Watch out for train robbers!) Enjoy the stunning views ranging from high plains to pine forests. In a little more than two hours, you will arrive at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, at about 7,000 feet in elevation.
- There is a three-hour layover for exploring the Grand Canyon before your return train trip to Williams, Arizona.
Options / Upgrades:
- Add a Motorcoach Rim Tour at the Grand Canyon:
- The Freedom Tour – Adults $41 / Children $28 – This 1.5-hour guided tour takes you to some of the most recognizable viewpoints along the South Rim. You’ll still have time for the lunch and the Grand Canyon Village. Tour works in conjunction with the train’s scheduled layover at the Canyon.
- The Grand Tour – Adults $56 / Children $42 – Same as the Freedom Tour plus a 1-hour buffet lunch at the Maswik Lodge. Works great with the train’s 3-hr. layover schedule.
- Arizona Sunset Tour – Adults $89 / Children $73 – This tour is available to guests spending the night inside the national park. This two-hour tour includes four stops along the rim and lunch at the Arizona Steakhouse at Bright Angel Lodge.
- Add an additional night at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel in Williams, AZ (before or after your train ride to the Grand Canyon).
- Add a night’s stay at the Maswik Lodge inside the Grand Canyon National Park – Comfortable, spacious rooms located just a ¼ mile from the canyon’s edge.Upgrade your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel accommodations to:
- Deluxe room – refurbished rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated
- Suite – Contemporary modern style with railroad finishes, terrycloth robes, and 550+ square feet with a separate living area with couch.
- Upgrade the class of service on the Grand Canyon Railway
Train Cars / Classes of Service:
Adults (ages 16+) / Child (ages 2-15) / Children under 2 (free)
- Coach Class (Family-friendly): INCLUDED IN BASE PRICE OF PACKAGE. Streamlined cars made in the 1950s with big windows and a/c for warmer months. ADA accessible.
- First Class (Family-friendly): Enjoy more comfortable, over-sized seats, big windows, complimentary snacks, and non-alcoholic drinks. Bar service available.
- Observation Dome (Ages 2+ Only): Located on the upper level, enjoy breathtaking views in this family-friendly, glass-enclosed streamliner with comfortable high-back chairs. Snacks and a sparkling white wine toast included. Cash bar service available inside each car.
- Luxury Dome (Ages 16+ Only): Located on the upper level, this luxury car offers awesome views with its full-length dome, extra-large windows, snacks, and a sparkling white wine toast. Enjoy the downstairs lounge with private bar service, exclusive cocktails, entertainment center, and plush furniture.
- Luxury Parlor Car (Ages 16+ Only): Ride in the most exclusive seat on the train. This elegant parlor car offers lounge-style comforts, including a private bar and access to the open-air rear platform. Exclusive service includes fresh fruit, pastries, coffee and juice in the morning, and afternoon snacks and a sparkling white wine toast in the afternoon. Typically, the very last car on the train and is downstairs. It offers the comfort of sofas and lounge chairs, and an outdoor observation deck.
What to Wear / Bring:
- A sense of adventure and wonder!
- Sturdy walking/hiking shoes
- Hat for sun protection
- Bottled water (it helps to drink lots of water at higher altitudes)
- This Package CANNOT be reserved online. Call our office for other options and assistance.
- Basic package pricing is based on adult, double occupancy in a Standard Room and Coach Class train travel. Package pricing will vary depending on dates of travel, # of people, and optional upgrades.
- Other lodging and additional nights are available.
- Grand Canyon tour options are available.